I'm writing this at 11:38pm, the night before I am about to embark on a journey of a lifetime - driving to the West Coast for work. I accepted the job offer this past Tuesday, and agreed to drive cross-country this Sunday...solo. I'll be working for Nourishmat, a really cool start up out in San Francisco. I am really good friends with the founders, Phil and John, and am so thankful and also really excited that I can live with them once I get out there!
I'm leaving my house at 7am tomorrow morning (right outside of Baltimore), and heading west. First stop = Nashville, TN where I will be staying with a friend from high school. After that, I'll head to Little Rock and then down to Houston. A ton of driving in the first two days, but I'm hoping I can get to Houston Monday so I can spend the night there. Goal for Monday is to have dinner with my friend I'm staying with down there! Of course, if I get tired I'll be sure to stop and spend the night at a motel. I also have my tent with me if I come across a state campground that I need to stay in.
Thank you so much for all of the love and support I've had from everyone - coworkers, friends, family - over the past week. I'm not actually sure if it has hit me that I'm leaving home for the west coast tomorrow or not...but I will definitely need your love and support once I leave!!!
I guess I should probably start packing now?
- ► 2014 (12)
- "Aspire not to have more, but to be more"
- Week 1 on the West Coast
- Day 7: California
- Day 6: Zion, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas
- Day 5: Four Corners & Bryce Canyon
- Day 4: Crawford, TX & Albuquerque, NM
- Day 3: Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Mexico!, Austin
- Day 2: Birmingham, New Orleans, and Houston
- Day 1: Western MD, WVA, Kentucky, Tennessee
- Last night at home, let the journey begin!
- These are a few of my favorite things...
- 2013 Arbutus Firecraker 10K
- ▼ July (12)