"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Days 5, 7, 9, and 13

WOW! Sorry I haven't really been that great at keeping up with this whole blog thing....no excuse!! Actually... I haven't been running much so you haven't been missing anything. I'll fill you in on what I have done so far. For some reason I can't upload pictures, so I'll have to do that later.

On what I estimate to be Day 5, I did the MCVET 10K with Katie Souza (on the day before Memorial Day) in Baltimore. The temperature was probably about 100 degrees and I thought I was going to birth a child only into mile 1. I finished in 1:02. I was hoping to finished in under 1:05. Next goal is to be closer to 55 minutes!

Day 7, which was a Tuesday, I headed to Charm City Run in Clarksville to get new running shoes. Of course, they didn't have my size, so I had to wait until Day 9 to get them. I got a pair of Brooks Adrenaline to replace my old Pumas from the fall, and boy oh boy, is it nice to wear shoes that fit ! I was surprised to hear that I am size 11 when I've been wearing 9.5 or size 10 for the longest time. I was planning on going for a run the day I got them, Thursday, but I was called into work...and this weekend was so crazy I didn't have time to run until yesterday, or Tuesday. I went for a short run (4.5 miles)  through Waverly Woods and I felt like I was running on a cloud !! Those shoes are SO nice! I can't wait to run a decent distance in them.

Right now I'm on a train on my way to NYC--I was supposed to take the megabus, but I missed it, so I hopped on an Acela Train and I'm on my way to the Raise the Bar Rally in NYC. I hope to go for a run in Central Park tomorrow if I have time.

In other news, I am doing the Dreaded Druid Hills 10K and Baltimore Women's Classic 5K in a few weeks!
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews