"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Days 3 & 4: Biking Adventures

Yesterday I decided to take a break from running and take a little biking adventure to Road Runner at Rt. 175 and Rt 95. The trip was about 30 miles round trip. I went to pick up my race packet for the MCVET 10K in Baltimore I'm doing this Sunday morning with my best friend Maria's sister, Katie. It was SO HOT on my ride there. So hot that I did, indeed, get sunburnt, and so hot, indeed, that I had to take a break or two to rehydrate myself. I did try one of those PowerBar Goo packs before I left and wooooowwwee I felt nasty after eating that. I was like eating that nasty flavored medicine when you have the stomach virus and have to stomach it---it was way too syrupy. Anyways, on my way home from Road Runner (where I did try on the Brooks Adrenaline shoe, and I can't wait until I have enough money to buy a pair!), I dropped off Katie's race packet at her house and hung out for a little while. Breaks are great on hot summer days.

Then, today, I went over my friend Kristin's. Kristin is in an intense Pre-Physical Therapy program up at Northeastern University in Boston. It's so intense that she has no summer--she has to take classes and also do her co-op over the summer up in Boston....soooo she's never in Maryland. Luckily, she's home for the weekend so myself and a bunch of friends from when I was in Youth Group back in high school went over and just chilled in her pool. Of course, I rode my bike there. She lives over by Centennial High School so the bike ride wasn't too brutal. The ride home was scorching!

ALSO my dad FINALLY put the air conditioning in--man oh man, I LOVE air conditioning. It feels soooo good to come home to a cool house after being out in the sun all afternoon. I know I do have a pretty nice sunburn, but I'm just scared to see how bad it is.

That's all for today. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews