"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 28, 31, 32 : Long run, Dreaded Druid Hills 10K, BWC 5K

I apologize for those of you following this blog...I'm sorry I haven't been updating it every day.

On Wednesday (Day 28th) I got up early and went for an 8 mile run (to Green Clover Drive). I was running through Waverly Woods and all of a sudden it started to rain! I decided to truck through--running in the rain was actually very refreshing (it brought back memories of my cross country days). It was nice to come back and still have my whole day ahead of me.

Thursday I was going to run, but I had a paper for my GVPT100 class I had to finish. I went to lunch at Bare Bones with Fr. Mike, Mr. Lew, Kate, and Martin. Martin is awesome--he helped me develop a marathon training program! I start tomorrow!

Jenna and I after the Dreaded Druid Hills 10K
On Saturday (yesterday) I ran the Dreaded Druid Hills at 7:30am in Druid Hill Park. The run wasn't that bad---the hills weren't much worse than anything in Patapsco State Park (what we ran in high school). I ran with my friend Jenna, from High LI. I beat my 10k time from Memorial Day weekend (I finished in 59:37!) and did not walk one step. Ms. Tracey (now Mrs. Ostendorf) and Webs (my xc coach from high school) ran, too! As I ran to the finish I saw Webs cheering for me--just like the old days!! The fruit at the end of the race was SO refreshing. After we got some pictures, Jenna and I went to 7-11 and got slurpies and then went to Sam's Bagels in Catonsville and got breakfast/caught up. You can see me run in the Dreaded Druid Hills 10K at 11:21 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AT0J9Ef2s&feature=player_embedded) .

Laura, myself, Aunt Linda, Sarah, Aunt Donna, and Jen after the BWC
Today I did the Baltimore Women's Classic at 8am. Unlike yesterday where there were only 500 runners, today there were 3000+, and all were women! Today was also a 5K, so I was able to get a really good time (6 seconds from beating my PR: 25:21) and wasn't even tired when I finished. Best part of the race--right after I started I reflected on how far we as women have come, and running in the 5K felt so liberating! The course was very similar to the MCVET 10k from Memorial Day weekend, except we didn't go to Ft. McHenry. Jenna ran this race again with me. Aunt Donna, Aunt Linda, Jen, Laura, and Sarah all ran in the race, as well! The race was such a positive atmosphere, and Lynne Brick from Brick Bodies led the warm up...even then though we didn't do it....ANYWAYS! I was so happy with my time when I finished and also I was sooo happy because I beat a girl from my rival high school, Seton Keough!

After the race, I went to 7-11 with Jenna and went to Dunkin Donuts for a blueberry muffin! Nom nom. Then it was time for church--Fr. Mike's last mass at Resurrection! 

Overall--great weekend for running

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews