"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Monday, July 18, 2011

Baltimore Marathon Trial Run

PHEW
This past Saturday I ran 14 miles--can't believe I actually did it! Last week I was at Msgr. O'Dwyer Retreat House in Sparks, MD for Camp GLOW, where I was a companion. Unfortunately, York Road is not the safest place to run, so I stayed inside all week--0 exercise and ice cream twice a day really adds up quickly!! I decided to curb the no-run streak and head down to Baltimore for the trial run, which would act as my long run for the week. My shins were really tight early in the run, so I walked for a block, but once they got better, it was much easier to run. It wasn't too hot, and the course is SO MUCH BETTER than last year's course. I feel like this course really takes you through a tour of Baltimore. You run through Druid Hill Park--pretty! This week I plan to stick to my training routine, even though my body wants to swim (I don't have a pool to swim in :( ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews