"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Monday, September 23, 2013

20 miler & East Coast

Wow! Just realized how long it has been since I last posted. Since my last post, I flew to and from the East Coast twice in the span of a week. I'm now back on the East Coast for a few weeks to help oversee production for our company.

Two weekends ago I went out and did my 20-mile training run on the NCR Trail. What really helped me was the fact that I broke it up into four 5-mile runs mentally. It took me much longer than I had anticipated but I'm really glad I did it. I wish there were more hills! I have yet to decide if I will do another 20 mile training run... I feel like I might have another one in me, I just don't want to over do it. I was supposed to run 14-16 miles this past weekend, but time got away from me...maybe I'll do that run this week? I'm not too concerned about my training because I've been running consistently for the past year or so, with a few short breaks in there, and I know I can run a full marathon - I've done it twice before!

One of my biggest challenges when I'm training for a half or a full is what I eat! I know after long runs you're supposed to reward yourself, but sometimes I feel like I reward myself a lot (maybe that just means I'm running a lot :)). I usually run 4-5 times a week and eat as healthy as I can; but when you're traveling, it's not as easy to eat healthy, especially when you're working for a startup in bootstrap mode.

I remember sitting in my room out in San Francisco a few weeks ago, getting really home sick and missing the fall - who would have known that I would be back on the East Coast to enjoy the best time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews