"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Sunday, April 1, 2012

2012 Cherry Blossom 10-miler

This was one of the first
runs I did for Lew Goode,
 battling brain cancer.
One of my dear friends, Lewis Goode was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. This was one of the runs I did "for Lew". Ever since he was first diagnosed, whenever I lace up my running shoes, I run for him. Whenever I hit a wall in a run, I think of Lew and he helps me get through. This is for you, LEW!

I'm glad I did the George Washington Relay two months ago! I didn't really train much for this 10 miler, but I really enjoyed it. It was great to be out in DC, and after not "making the cut" last year, I was happy to lace up my shoes and run with thousands of other runners in DC for this historic event. In 2011, I entered the lottery, but was not chosen to run so I opted to volunteer (I helped with the random drug testing for the elite athletes :)).

Overall rating? B
Main complaints? None really - race was punctual, court marshals were around
Favorite parts? Probably the fact that it retraced part of the Marine Corps Marathon 2011 course.
Communication before the race? A
Expo? C. Kinda small - was in the National Building Museum, but wasn't bad for an expo for a 10 miler!
Premium? D. The shirt sucked - the design was lame and all we got was a cotton tee. I understand it's expensive to host a big event like this in such a large city, but come on... at least give us a tech tee :)
Water Stops/Aid Stations? A . Definitely frequent enough and well stocked!
Finisher's Festival? C. Average. Nothing to write home about
Would I run this race again/recommend it to anyone? Yeah

Ran for "Lew"

One of my favorite pics - kind of invigorating
to have the guy behind you tear his shirt
off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews