"Aspire not to have more, but to be more"

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Baltimore 10 Miler, 2012

Place: 1795/4687Bib:  3442
Time:

1:32:48
I've heard lots of wonderful things about the Baltimore 10 miler, but I've never run it! I've done the Baltimore Half Marathon a few times, but I've never ventured to the "wild side" for the hilly 10-miler.

Signed up online, did packet pickup the day before the race and then the day of the race I was all set. I met up with my good friend Katie Audy and we ran part of the race together. It was quite hilly - much more so than the half marathon. It does follow some of the same course as the Dreaded Druid Hills 10k. It was also hot as HADES this day, so I was definitely struggling. The premium was pretty nice - since the race I've worn it a lot (it was a white quarter zip). Definitely would recommend it for others to do!





Overall rating? A
Main complaints? The heat 
Favorite parts? The premium!
Communication before the race? A. Same group that puts on the Baltimore Running Festival on puts this on 
Expo? None. Packet pickup was kind of randomly at Druid Hill Park (even though that's where the race was)
Premium? B. A white, generic long-sleeved quarter zip with the Baltimore 10 logo on it.
Water Stops/Aid Stations? A . Definitely frequent enough and well stocked! Friendly folks
Finisher's Medal? N/A
Finisher's Festival? B. Tons of watermelon and snacks, but I was kind of disappointed that other fellow runners were walking off with boxes of treats....leave some for the rest of us, would ya?
Would I run this race again/recommend it to anyone? Sure

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Contributors

Followers

Total Pageviews